The City limits or partially bans the watering of lawns and other vegetation between May 15 and September 15.
During that period, citizens who wish to water their lawns or gardens must respect certain restrictions. Not respecting these provisions can lead to fines.
Watering is allowed between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Street side and days of the week to water
- Residents whose door number is even may water on Wednesdays and Fridays;
- Residents whose door number is odd may water on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
With the exception of the month of July, residents are allowed to water on Saturdays and Sundays, between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- No watering is allowed on Mondays.
- No watering is allowed on Saturdays and Sundays in July.
Exceptions and permits (residential and commercial)
- Permits are issued by the Patrol;
- Residents who have a special permit following the installation of new grass (said permit is valid for three weeks and allows watering every day from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. except Monday);
- Residents applying a lawn treatment for white grubs;
- In the case of commercial, industrial or public lawns, watering is permitted between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. following the rule of odd and even days.
- Underground sprinkler systems are subject to the same restrictions;
- Pools: One annual fill-up is permitted between midnight and 6 a.m. Any additional fill-up requires a special permit;
- Cars and driveways: Washing is allowed provided the hose is equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle and there is no waste;
- Suspension: The City Manager can prohibit the use of water for the watering of lawns and vegetation, pool fill-ups and outdoor washing if the situation (draught, water pipe break, emergency) warrants it.
Patrol 514 684-6111
Environment, Anne Fortier, 514 684-1012, local 507
The information contained in this website does not have legal value, the official text has precedence.